Biamp is introducing something called TesiraCONNECT, a five-port AVB connection box that provides power and media over a single cable between Biamp AVB DSPs, USB extenders, PoE+ amplifiers and microphones.
TesiraCONNECT is the central connection point for all Biamp devices in the conference room and offers the following features:
- Five RJ-45 Ports: TesiraCONNECT comes with four PoE+ powered RJ-45 ports, each supporting single-cable connectivity to a Biamp endpoint. An additional unpowered RJ-45 port is included to easily pass all signals back to the TesiraFORTÉ conferencing system.
- Expansion: For more complex installations, daisy-chain up to four TesiraCONNECT devices to support four PoE+ amplifiers connecting up to 32 desono speakers and 12 Parlé Beamtracking microphones.
- Small Form Factor: The design is small at 14.7×14.7×2.8 centimeters (5.8″x5.8″x1.1″) and weighs only 0.8 kilograms (1.8 pounds), and easily mounts under a table, in a cabinet, or behind the monitor.
- Ease of Management: TesiraCONNECT is compatible with Biamp’s SageVue management and monitoring system.
- Simple Interface: Built for the conference room, all the ports are located in the back — reserving the front for status indicator lights — and there’s no easily accessible power button for end users to accidentally push.
TesiraCONNECT will be available in Q3 2019 and it can be found here.
Check out a video of the TesiraCONNECT from InfoComm 2019 below: