Barco ClickShare CX-50 Gen-2 Gets CO2 Neutral Silver Labeling
ClickShare CX-50 2nd generation was granted the CO2 Neutral Silver label by leading climate advisory organization CO2logic. Barco ClickShare CX-50 2nd generation is one of the first carbon-neutral wireless conferencing solutions in the market. The carbon-neutral label guarantees that Barco has significantly reduced the CO2 emissions throughout the product lifecycle of the CX-50 2nd generation. The remaining amount of CO2 is offset to guarantee a real climate action.
This accomplishment is a natural extension of Barco’s values and ambitious sustainability goals to lower its own environmental footprint and that of its customers, based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The carbon footprint of the CX-50 2nd generation was calculated considering the emissions from the production process, product usage and end-of-life processing. Reducing emissions was achieved by focusing on four areas established as critical by Barco:
- Energy performance. The CX-50 2nd generation is designed with a strong focus on energy efficiency and complies with the strictest requirements for standby mode.
- Use of materials. Barco chooses recycled and durable materials. The CX-50 2nd generation is made with 100% non-paint, recyclable plastics and halogen-free PCB.
- Packaging & logistics. ClickShare uses biodegradable sugarcane packaging that can be fully recycled and reused. Barco strives to make packaging as light as possible and uses sea shipment to minimize its end-to-end logistic footprint.
- Lifecycle. ClickShare’s Trade-in Program provides a sustainable solution for customers to replace their older hardware, which is recycled in an environmentally-conscious way.
- The remaining carbon emissions associated with the production and use of the CX-50 2nd generation are offset by the Qianbei Afforestation Project, which consists of strategically planting trees to transform wasteland into a thriving forest in the Guizhou province in South China.
The project is not only conducive to the environment but also to the local community, widening access to education, improving gender equality and giving a boost to the local economy. More than 16,000 people, of which 70% women, are employed in this project. They benefit from educational programs and additional skills consisting in forest management training, such as fire prevention or forest pest control.
“This is a great achievement for us. With one of the first carbon-neutral solutions in the industry, ClickShare sets itself apart as a trailblazer in the industry,” Stijn Henderickx, EVP Meeting & Learning Experience concludes. “It strengthens our commitment to innovate for a greener future for people and planet, and deliver to our customers the most sustainable, compliant and performant solutions for their workplace.”