AVnu Alliance, the industry consortium that certifies Audio Video Bridging (AVB) products for interoperability, has announced new networking and education sessions to be held at the AVnu Alliance Pavilion, Hall 7 Booth H195 during Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2014, 4-6 Feb., 2014 in Amsterdam.
In addition to sessions designed for booth visitors both new and old, the Alliance will host 11 members in the AVnu Alliance Pavilion each running live demonstrations of the latest in AVB-enabled products. Visitors to the Pavilion can expect demonstrations from AVnu members including: Avid, Barco, Biamp, Extreme Networks, Harman, Meyer Sound, Riedel, Uman, Waves, XMOS and Yamaha (more information on each demo below).
Below is the schedule of education sessions presented by AVnu Alliance members, taking place in the Pavilion during ISE 2014:
Tues., 4 Feb., 2014 and Wed., 5 Feb., 2014
- 10:00: Certifying AVB Products for Interoperability — presented by the AVnu Alliance
- 11:00: Time Sensitive Networking with AVB Daisy Chain, presented by Andy Gothard, director corporate marketing, XMOS and Andrew Lucas, lead AVB developer, XMOS
- 12:00: Deploying Large Scale AVB Networks, presented by Jeff Koftinoff, software conductor at Meyer Sound
- 13:00: Certifying AVB Products for Interoperability, presented by the AVnu Alliance
- 14:00: AVB Networked audio and video for fixed installations and broadcast, presented by Jürgen Scheuring, Chief Executive officer of UMAN.
- 15:00: Troubleshooting AVB Show Commands, presented by Frank Jiminez, technical marketing engineer, Extreme Networks
- 16:00: Certifying AVB Products for Interoperability, presented by the AVnu Alliance
Some of the presentations will also take place during the first half of Thurs., 4 Feb., 2014.
AVnu Alliance will be hosting product demonstrations in the pavilion throughout ISE 2014 showcasing new AVnu-certified products and AVB-enabled devices from members. These sessions will give attendees an opportunity to speak directly with AVnu Alliance’s President and members, as well as get a hands-on demonstration of the products with the following networked demonstrations:
Live Demonstration One
AVB-capable products from Meyer Sound, Avid, and Extreme Networks will be featured in a live demonstration to show the power of AVB interoperability and how it dramatically simplifies AV networks in a live sound environment. Products in the user experience demonstration will include a Meyer Sound CAL column array loudspeaker and D-Mitri digital audio platform, an Avid S3L live sound system and Avid Pro Tools 11 running on a laptop, as well as a switch from the Extreme Networks Summit series.
Live Demonstration Two
In a system example from Harman and Yamaha, Harman will showcase its eight-channel AVB-compatible Crown DCi Series amplifier and 64×64 BSS Audio Soundweb London AVB processor, with configuration of both in HiQnet Audio Architect software. Together with Yamaha’s CL 1 console with 64 channel talker/listener, and NEXO’s NXAMP 4×1 with AVB firmware this system showcases a complete solution for integrators and installers for designing and configuring AVB-based networked A/V systems. The NEXO NXAmp from Yamaha will form the foundation of the public address (PA) system being used to deliver AVnu Alliance’s Pavilion presentations and education sessions.
The theme chosen for AudioForum @ISE 2014 is: protocols and systems of integrated digital audio transport. Rick Kreifeldt, AVnu Alliance president, will lead a session on AVB at 15:00 on Mon., 3 Feb. at the RAI, Hall 12, Elicyum Area, room D407 and will take part in the audio “open mic” discussion following.