Audio-Technica is now shipping its new AT5047 Cardioid Condenser Microphone. The most recent addition to Audio-Technica’s acclaimed 50 Series (which also includes the AT5040 vocal microphone and AT5045 instrument mic), the AT5047 is a studio microphone that features the same capsule as the AT5040 but with a transformer-coupled output and optimized electronics. It is equally at home capturing instruments and vocals.
The AT5047 features four rectangular two-micron-thick diaphragms, which function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm. Advanced internal shock mounting decouples the capsule from the microphone body and the included advanced-design AT8480 shock mount provides isolation.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 6 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 142 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 88 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2.7 mA typical
- Weight: 592 g (20.9 oz)
- Dimensions: 165.3 mm (6.51”) long, 57.0 mm (2.24”) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
The AT5047 is now available with a list of $3,499. Here are all the specs.