Audio-Technica just debuted its AT2020USBi Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone featuring iOS compatibility. Combining high-resolution audio with increased connectivity options, the AT2020USBi cardioid condenser microphone adds a new level of sound-quality and convenience to Audio-Technica’s USB microphone line. Modeled after the AT2020, this digital output mic features an A/D converter with a 24-bit/96 kHz sampling rate to deliver high-resolution articulation and intelligibility that’s perfect for home studio recording, field recording, podcasting and voiceover use.
The AT2020USBi brings high-resolution audio (24-bit/96 kHz) to A-T’s line of USB mics. The AT2020USBi works with both USB and Lightning cables (included), so users can employ it straight from the box to digitally capture audio on the device of their choice: PC, Mac or iOS. The integrated gain control adds to the convenience, allowing users to adjust the input level directly on the microphone.
AT2020USBi specifications include:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Power Requirements: USB (5V DC); Lightning (3.3V DC)
- Bit Depth: 24 bit
- Sample Rate: Up to 96 kHz
- Controls: Mic gain control
- Weight: 13.2 oz (374 g)
- Dimensions: 6.38″ (162.0 mm) long, 2.05″ (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Micro-HDMI
- Accessories Included: Pivoting stand mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch; tripod desk stand; 10′ (3.1 m) USB cable; 10′ (3.1 m)
The AT2020USBi will be available summer 2015 at a list of $199. All the specs are here.