Audio-Technica has announced the new UniPoint U843R Three-Element Multidirectional Boundary Microphone. With three cardioid condenser elements in a single housing, the phantom-powered U843R offers a remarkably versatile tool for surface-mount installations. It is ideal for a variety of video and audio conferencing applications, especially when used with an Audio-Technica automatic SmartMixer. Levers on the microphone base allow easy reorientation of two elements to offer 360° or 300° coverage. Since elements can be powered and used individually or in any combination, further flexibility is easily achieved. For example, with two elements powered, the microphone can provide a figure-of-eight polar pattern; with a single element powered, the microphone functions as a standard cardioid boundary microphone. Installation and repositioning are extremely quick, thanks to four recessed pathways on the base of the microphone that enable the user to route the cable as required to accommodate any installation requirements; no tools or disassembly are needed. The microphone also offers Audio-Technica’s UniGuard RFI-shielding technology.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid x3
- Frequency response: 75-15,000 Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 134 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic range (typical): 105 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 160 grams (5.6 oz)
- Dimensions: 85 mm (3.35″) diameter, 20 mm (0.79″) height
- Output connector: Unterminated – stripped and tinned
- Cable: 7.6 meters (24.93″) long unterminated-type (permanently attached to microphone), 3.8 mm (0.15″) diameter, seven-conductor shielded cable; unterminated
- Accessories furnished: soft protective pouch
Here are all the specs.