Audinate has announced the full availability of the Dante Application Library software development kit (SDK). Dante Application Library is an SDK for PC and Mac that provides software developers with a conduit to an installed base of audio devices, including products and solutions connected via Audinate’s Dante such as microphones, speakers, signal processors, amplifiers, loudspeakers and more.
Developers can integrate Dante device discovery and subscriptions directly into their software products for conferencing, recording, lecture capture, media playback or other applications for a “one-stop shop” setup experience. Dante Application Library can simplify the setup of Unified Communications applications, allow for easy deployment of software-based digital signal processors and audio utilities, streamline the use of lecture and courtroom capture software, automate connections to DAW applications for recording and processing, make configuration of Media Player software bulletproof and much more. With simple and flexible licensing, Dante Application Library makes it easy for developers to get started.
Dante Application Library features include:
- Easy integration of Dante into native Windows and macOS applications.
- 100 % compatibility with all Dante hardware and software implementations.
- Up to 64×64 channels of bidirectional audio.
- 48 kHz sample rate.
- Minimum network latency of 4 ms.
- Support for multiple instances of Dante Application Library on the same computer.
- DAL connection API and Dante API control interfaces.
- Compatibility with Dante Controller.
- Compatibility with Dante Domain Manager.