SAN JOSE, California, August 7, 2018 – Atlona will use the 2018 CEDIA Expo as the global debut of Opus™, a powerful series of three HDMI-to-HDBaseT matrix switchers and one receiver for high performance 4K HDR signal distribution and extension. Opus is engineered with a comprehensive range of control system integration and audio matrixing features, making it ideal for a wide range of small-to-medium-sized residential and commercial applications requiring multi-zone AV distribution. Atlona will showcase Opus at Booth 3015 at CEDIA, taking place September 4-8 at the San Diego Convention Center.
The Opus Series includes the AT-OPUS-46M (4×6); AT-OPUS-68M (6×8); and AT-OPUS-810M (8×10) matrix switchers, all of which feature HDBaseT outputs for transmission of HDMI, Ethernet pass through, bidirectional IR, and RS-232 control signals up to 330 feet (100 meters). Opus switchers are ideal for whole-house residential AV distribution, as well as light commercial, education and corporate projects that require compatibility with new and emerging devices for 4K presentations.
Opus matrix switchers are HDCP 2.2-compliant and support 4K/UHD video (including HDR10) at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 Chroma sampling, as well as HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. Visually lossless VESA Display Stream Compression (DSC) enables HDR and 4K/60 4:4:4 signal extension over HDBaseT with no latency. Each Opus model enables routing to HDBaseT outputs plus two additional HDMI outputs providing exceptional flexibility for the custom installer.
A companion Atlona receiver, the AT-OPUS-RX, is purpose-built for the Opus matrix switchers. The receiver is remotely powered over Ethernet (PoE), and interfaces IR, RS-232 and Ethernet control for displays while also allowing IR control transmission back to a source device. The dedicated Opus receiver is compatible with all video resolutions, audio formats and color space formats supported in the HDMI 2.0b specification with the added ability to pass metadata for HDR streaming content.
“With many new High Dynamic Range televisions on the market, integrators are facing customer demands for AV systems that support these formats, or for their current systems to be upgraded to HDR capability,” said Joshua Castro, product manager, Atlona. “The Opus Series is the next stage in the evolution of our HDMI-to-HDBaseT matrix switcher product line for integrators looking to take on the challenge of building a video distribution system to accommodate 4K/UHD video at a 60 Hz frame rate with 4:4:4 chroma sampling.”
Prominent Opus Series features include:
- An equal count of fixed HDMI to HDBaseT I/Os with two additional HDMI outputs satisfy a range of output needs and designations and assist with right-sizing small to medium AV routing requirements without the need to stock multiple I/O card SKUs.
- Visually lossless VESA Display Stream Compression delivers extremely high, pristine image quality and 4K/60 4:4:4 signal extension over HDBaseT with zero latency.
- Simultaneous TOSLINK and analog stereo outputs for each HDBaseT output result in multiple options for integrating whole-house audio solutions.
- Control capability via the IR remote, front panel control and GUI-based integrated web server, as well as IR integration between locally connected sources, remote displays over HDBaseT and control system.
- Integrated display control via CEC
- Ultra-quiet 2U enclosure with active cooling ensures continuous reliability.
To optimize multi-zone AV capabilities, all Opus receivers are also compatible with Atlona’s AT-JUNO-451-HDBT switcher (also to be introduced at CEDIA), and the Velocity control platform, a groundbreaking IP- and cloud-enabled solution for transitioning control applications to the network. The AT-JUNO-451-HDBT is ideal for customers seeking a solution for connectivity of centralized and local AV switching systems. The 4×1 HDMI and HDBaseT switcher is also HDCP 2.2 compliant, with 4K/UHD capability at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 Chroma sampling plus support for HDR formats.
The Opus Series is backed by Atlona’s award-winning 10-year limited product warranty and customer support services.