ATEN Technology today announced the launch of its new 3-Port USB-C DisplayPort Hybrid KVMP Switch (CS1953). This solution is a hybrid KVMP Switch that integrates USB-C device and DisplayPort PC into a desktop workstation.
The CS1953 comes with USB Type-C functionality that transfers video, audio, data and provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging. That means, with a single USB-C cable and it supports DisplayPort connectivity between up to two computers, a monitor, and a mobile device (over USB-C).
ATEN says this solution is ideal for those who need fast multicomputer switching to handle heavy data processing or verify user-interface development over high-performance monitors
- One USB keyboard, mouse and one DisplayPort monitor control two DisplayPort computers and one USB-C device.
- Video quality — 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz and 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz; two-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed five-gigabit-per-second data transfer rates.
- Provides USB Power Delivery 3.0 for USB-C device charging up to 45 watts.
- Computer selection via pushbuttons, hotkeys, mouse, and remote port selector.
- Built-in two-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5-gigabit-per-second data transfer rates.
- Supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode) which enables the USB connection to carry DisplayPort signals.
- Independent switching of KVM, USB peripheral and audio focus.