APG debuted its new iX range of fixed installation speakers, which have a combination of drivers and a non-diffraction acoustic baffling that allows pure point source directivity. For some of the iX models, APG has created coaxial devices that have a physical alignment between low and high transducers.
The iX line is made up of five coaxial speaker models: iX5, iX6, iX8, iX12 and iX15, all of which are two acoustic way speakers loaded in bass-reflex for low-frequency extension. APG is also announcing a future extension of the range with two unique models of pseudo-coaxial speakers – the iX2.5 and IX2.6 – which will be optimized for vocal applications.
From an acoustic point of view, the iX range offers what APG says is stunning musicality down to low mid and even low frequencies and is characterized by an impressive SPL to size ratio and exceptional sound clarity. The iX range’s non-diffraction baffling creates a linear acoustic response that substantially reducing feedback without the need for equalization. This factor makes the iX range suitable for a variety of purposes, including immersive sound.
The speakers are also well-suited to a variety of applications, including main FOH or distributed sound reinforcement (front fill, out fill, in fill, under balcony, delay lines) in all types of venues (theatres, concert venues, clubs, bars, restaurants, conference rooms, congress centers).
All of the iX speakers are compatible with APG’s SB subwoofers, while the company provides all standard processor settings of APG electronics and customized settings for other brands such as Powersoft.
The iX Range includes
- iX5: APG’s iX5 is a miniature, two-way full range and passive loudspeaker fitted with a 5″ long excursion LF driver and a coaxial dome tweeter (120° conical dispersion). The iX5 is characterized by its sound quality, which is close to the best studio monitors.
- iX6: The iX6 is fitted with a 6.5″ driver loaded in a bass-reflex while HF is handled by a coaxial dome tweeter (105° conical acoustic opening). It offers clear and precise sound reproduction of mid / high frequencies up to 20 KHz.
- iX8: The iX8 features a coaxial device fitted with 8″ cone driver and independent HF compression driver. The coaxial mounting offers perfect acoustic dispersion with a homogenous dispersion coverage of 110°.
- iX12: The iX12 is a two-way, full-range compact loudspeaker fitted with a coaxial coupling of 12″ and a 1″ HF compression driver (filtered). The non-diffraction baffling creates a perfectly coherent acoustic field with a conical dispersion of 100° and a minimal feedback effect of 4dB.
- iX15: The iX15 is a two-way full range speaker fitted with 15″ neodymium driver including a forced thermal ventilation system and a 1.4″ neodymium HF compression driver. This results in a sound pressure capacity down to 60Hz and up to 19KHz.