AMD announced the release of the AMD Radeon Pro VII workstation graphics card Wednesday. The graphics card, explicitly aimed at broadcast and in-house production facilities, offers 16GB of extreme speed HBM2 (High Bandwidth Memory), and support for 6x synchronized displays and high-bandwidth PCIe 4.0 interconnect technology. Claiming to be 26 percent higher 8K image processing performance in Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve and up to 5.6x the precision (FP64) performance-per-dollar, the new graphics card introduces AMD Infinity Fabric Link technology to the workstation market. AMD Infinity Fabric Link speeds application data throughput by enabling high-speed GPU-to-GPU communications in multi-GPU system configurations.
The new workstation graphics card provides the high-performance and advanced features enabling post-production teams and broadcasters to visualize, review and interact with 8K content, whether in the broadcast booth, on the studio floor or in the media server pipeline. It also enables engineers and data scientists to handle more complex models and datasets, while reducing run times for engineering simulations and scientific computing workloads.
Key capabilities and features of the AMD Radeon Pro VII graphics card include:
- Leading Double Precision Performance — With up to 6.5 TFLOPS (FP64) of double-precision performance for demanding engineering and scientific workloads, the Radeon Pro VII graphics card provides 5.6x the performance-per-dollar versus the competition on the AMD Internal Benchmark for Altair EDEM “Screw Auger” viewset.
- High-speed Memory — 16GB of HBM2 with 1TB/s memory bandwidth and full ECC capability handles large and complex models and datasets smoothly with low latency.
- AMD Infinity Fabric Link — A high-bandwidth, low-latency connection that allows memory sharing between two AMD Radeon Pro VII GPUs, enabling users to increase project workload size and scale, develop more complex designs and run larger simulations to drive scientific discovery. AMD Infinity Fabric Link delivers up to 5.25x PCIe 3.0 x16 bandwidth with a communication speed of up to 168 GB/s peer-to-peer between GPUs.
- Remote Working — Users can access their physical workstation from virtually anywhere for unhindered productivity with the remote workstation IP built into AMD Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise driver.
- High-bandwidth PCIe 4.0 Support — PCIe 4.0 delivers double the bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 to enable smooth performance for 8K, multichannel image interaction.
- Frame Lock/Genlock — Enables precise, synchronized output for display walls, digital signage and other visual displays (AMD FirePro S400 synchronization module required).
- High-resolution/Multi-display Support — Supports up to 6x synchronized display panels, full HDR and 8K screen resolution (single display) combined with ultra-fast encode and decode support for enhanced multi-stream workflows.
- Professional Application Certification — Optimized and certified with leading professional applications for stability and reliability. The list of Radeon Pro Software-certified ISV applications can be found here.
- ROCm Open Ecosystem — Open software platform for accelerated computing provides an easy GPU programming model with support for OpenMP, HIP, and OpenCL, as well as support for leading machine learning and HPC frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Kokkos and RAJA.