AMD announced last week the immediate availability of the AMD FirePro W600 professional graphics card, a single-card solution capable of driving up to six displays. This is the company’s first professional graphics card to leverage AMD’s Graphics Core Next architecture and 28nm production technology for use in high-resolution, content-rich, multi-screen display wall environments.
The AMD FirePro W600 Professional Graphics card includes:
- Support for up to six high-resolution displays or projectors from a single-slot card and six mini-DisplayPort connectors
- 2GB of GDDR5 graphics memory for superior multimedia performance
- Support for two HD video streams via AMD’s Unified Video Decoder
- Projection overlap capability to create one seamless image, with planned support for projection edge blending and image warping in Q4 of 2012
- AMD PowerTune technology that dynamically optimizes power consumption during operation and AMD ZeroCore Power technology that provides reduced power consumption while idle