AKG is introducing the DMM8 U and DMM14 U reference digital microphone mixers. Ideal for large meeting rooms and conferencing applications, these mixers offer advanced DSP functionality and multiple routing options.
DMM8 U and DMM14 U feature built-in DSP to ensure precise mixing of up to 80 and 140 channels, respectively, by cascading up to 10 units. Stereo audio outputs and USB connections offer additional routing options for both models. Numerous DSP functions such as EQ filters, compressor/limiter and routing make the DMM8 and DMM14 ideal for a variety of spoken word applications.
The DMM8 U and DMM14 U are also available as UL versions (DMM8 UL and DMM14 UL), which offer a LAN interface via Ethernet to enable control over large distances using, for instance, an AMX control system. In addition, AKG offers software that enables users to control all functions via AMX and Crestron products, or directly via a Wi-Fi router on Apple, Android and Windows devices. This gives users the freedom to mute unnecessary microphones and otherwise manage the discussion either automatically or manually. The software and the UL versions will be available summer 2015.
In the Fall of 2015, both models will also be available as ULD versions, which integrate a highly sophisticated DANTE chip. On these models, all ins are available as direct outs, which is ideal for broadcast applications, while all outs are also available on the DANTE stream. The DMM8 ULD provides 14 free assignable DANTE outs, while the DMM14 ULD provides 22. In addition, four Dante streams can be used as inputs with both models.
Key features include:
- Digital signal processing and sophisticated mixing algorithms for seamless mixing, resulting in high gain before feedback and crystal-clear voices
- Two-channel USB (stereo) streaming In and Out for interfacing with IT networks
- Six (12 with DMM14) programmable presets for fast, easy tailoring to different situations
- 12-band graphic EQ on outputs for optimized loudspeaker tuning
- Audio matrix routing of all inputs to all outputs for creating multiple mixes of multiple output combinations