AJA Video Systems Releases T-TAP Pro Thunderbolt-3-Connected Device
AJA Video Systems just unveiled T-TAP Pro, a compact and portable Thunderbolt-3-connected device that is designed to simplify 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD/SD monitoring and output over 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 on compatible Mac or PC computers. Designed for a range of production scenarios, T-TAP Pro provides video monitoring, including High Dynamic Range (HDR) support for high frame rate (HFR) and raster workflows from a Thunderbolt 3 host system.
T-TAP Pro is a monitoring and output device for high-end color grading, audio mixing, editorial and visual effects, in addition to on-set monitoring and playback, that enables creative professionals to work efficiently from home or any location. T-TAP Pro powers HDR and HFR video monitoring up to 4K/UltraHD over 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 from any supported Thunderbolt 3-enabled Mac or PC. T-TAP Pro features extensive compatibility with creative applications for editorial, graphics, effects, color, and streaming, including Apple Final Cut Pro; Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Character Animator; Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools. For audio workflows, T-TAP Pro features multi-channel embedded audio on SDI and HDMI, and a 3.5-millimeter stereo analog audio connection that provides a convenient method for monitoring audio, enabling editors or digital artists to plug in headphones directly to the device or connect to an external analog audio mixer.
T-TAP Pro feature highlights include:
- Thunderbolt 3 video and audio output
- Designed-in for critical monitoring environments such as audio mixing, screenings or on-set.
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 connectivity for working with 4K/UltraHD over a single cable, with simultaneous output on both connections.
- Support for up to 4K/UltraHD/HD output over SDI and HDMI up to 60p.
- 10- and 12-bit uncompressed quality.
- HDR support for Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and HDR10, as well as Dolby Vision via the AJA Software Development Kit (SDK); HDR signaling over both HDMI and SDI.
- Thunderbolt 3 single-cable connectivity on Mac and PC.
- 16-channel embedded SDI audio output.
- Eight-channel embedded HDMI audio output.
- Front panel audio levels reference display.
- Two-channel 3.5-millimeter headphone output with rotary knob adjustment.
- Application compatibility that includes Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools and more.
T-TAP Pro is now available for $795.