AJA Video Systems Releases Io X3 Professional Video and Audio I/O Device for Streaming and Editing Workflows
AJA Video Systems unveiled Io X3, a Thunderbolt 3-connected professional video and audio I/O device that offers HDR or SDR 2K/HD capture and output via 3G-SDI and HDMI. Compact and portable, Io X3 streamlines high-quality HDR I/O up to 2K/HD 60p on compatible Thunderbolt 3-equipped Mac or PC hosts running professional video and audio applications.
Io X3 provides a mobile solution for single-, dual- and multi-channel SDI workflows, offering 2K/HD/SD I/O with HDR directly from any modern laptop or computer. Io X3 is an ideal capture and output device for a range of production environments, including high-end color grading, audio mixing, on-set monitoring, playback and remote editorial and VFX. With four independent inputs for workflows with OBS and Wirecast and simultaneous MultiView monitoring for each source, Io X3 is also fit for streaming workflows.
Io X3 features eight switchable analog audio ports, allowing users to shift between eight channels in or out or split connectivity between four inputs and four outputs in addition to a 3.5 analog audio connection to plug in headphones directly. Up to 16-channel audio is included on each SDI port and 8-channel on HDMI. Io X3 devices are rackmountable and can easily be placed side by side in a rack for a studio, mobile truck or video assist needs.
Io X3 feature highlights include:
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports connect with modern Mac or PC laptops and desktop workstations and support daisy chain functionality.
- HDR support across SDI and HDMI ports.
- Four 3G-SDI bi-directional connections support workflows up to 2K/HD p60 YCbCr 10-bit or p30 RGB 12-bit.
- HDMI 1.4b I/O up to 2K/HD p60 YCbCr 10-bit or p30 RGB 12-bit I/O; HDR via 2.0 spec implementation.
- MultiViewer functionality for displaying up to four inputs for streaming workflows on a single HDMI reference monitor.
- The latest macOS Monterey and Windows 11 support and compatibility across both Apple M1 chip or Intel based systems.
- Optional rackmount kit for efficient rack mounting of two devices side by side.
- Eight-channel analog audio I/O via DB25 connection.
- 3.5mm stereo analog audio connection for headphones.
- Dedicated reference, TLC input and LTC output connections.
- RS-422 control port for tape-based workflows.
- Includes AJA drivers and software plug-ins, with support for Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, Telestream Wirecast, OBS and many others.
Io X3 is now available for $1,599.