AJA Video Systems Adds Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R Transmitter/Receiver Converters
AJA Video Systems revealed Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R, two new transmitter/receiver converters for transporting and controlling low latency, professional quality 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/VESA Dante video and audio to/from 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 devices over a 1 GigE Dante AV network. Audio and video streams from the AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R can be easily managed using the Dante Controller software. Building on AJA’s OG-DANTE-12GAM 12G-SDI/Dante 64-channel audio embedder/disembedder, these new devices allow AV teams, professionals who manage video distribution in a networked facility, and systems integrators to seamlessly incorporate high-quality, visually lossless video into AV-over-IP environments spanning stadiums, arenas, theaters, churches, schools, office complexes, hotels, conference rooms and more.
Harnessing Audinate’s new Dante AV Ultra high image quality solution for standard 1 GigE networks, AJA Dante AV 4K-T converts 4K/UHD/2K/HD/VESA SDI and HDMI to Dante AV Ultra signals while Dante AV 4K-R supports conversion of Dante AV Ultra signals to 4K/UHD/2K/HD/VESA SDI and HDMI. Both devices offer unprecedented low latency and time synchronization, ensuring perfect lip sync to in-venue screens and for external broadcasts and streams.
AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R also allow AV teams to leverage existing IP infrastructure and digital AV equipment across multiple physical locations for seamless video and boardroom conferencing technology integration. Built-in networked control and flexibility make it easy to deploy and manage video walls and digital signage at a lower cost, with end-user routing to screens or speakers supported in-venue. AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R also pair well with professional baseband devices, including the AJA Ki Pro Ultra 12G and Io 4K Plus, and can be used with AJA KUMO SDI routers to easily route signals into or out of a Dante AV infrastructure.
Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R feature highlights
- Transport up to 4K/UltraHD 60p 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 video output with ultra-low latency and visually lossless quality for IMAG and a wide range of applications.
- Achieve visually stunning Dante AV Ultra video using a network-efficient, high-quality JPEG 2000 codec.
- Leverage more cost-efficient switches and existing network infrastructure via Dante AV compatibility with 1 GigE networks.
- Ensure fully time-aligned and separately routable audio and video streams.
- Compatibility with over 3500 existing Dante-enabled audio products.
- Unify audio and video control using Audinate Dante Controller software on Windows and macOS.
- Access fully validated implementation of HDCP 2.2 over IP.
- Easily control remote devices via USB HID, serial, and Infrared transport and control (IR) over IP.
- Use POE+ (25W 802.3at PoE+) or DC power (12V 4a) pack.
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 input (4K-T) and 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 output (4K-R).
- KVM USB and IR ports for extensive KVM capabilities.
- Analog RCA audio monitor outputs.
- Harness an extensive range of connectivity, including:
- 1x Neutrik etherCon RJ45 Connector – 1 GigE (Dante AV & POE+)
- 1x Neutrik etherCon RJ45 Connector – 1 GigE* (For future use)
- 1x 12G-SDI input (4K-T) or 1 x 12G-SDI output (4K-R): SDI: YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit only
- 1x HDMI 2.0 input (4K-T) or 1 x HDMI 2.0 output (4K-R): RGB, YCbCr, 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 8-bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit
- 8-channel embedded audio support, from SDI or HDMI input/output
- BNC Ref output (4K-T) or BNC Ref input (4K-R) (For future use)
- Power: 12VDC and POE (+) on Primary Ethernet port
- 1x DB-9 RS-422/ VISCA Serial Port
- 2x USB 2.0 Type A Connector
- 1x USB-Mini Host connector
- Front LED Indicators: Power, Codec, System, Status, Sync, & HDCP
- 3.5mm IR Tx and Rx jack for IR over IP
- Complete EDID support
- HDCP on board processing**
- AJA’s 5-year warranty and world-class support.
*Secondary port should never be connected to the primary switch
**SDI does not have output when the source video is HDCP content protected.
Pricing and Availability AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R are available today from AJA’s worldwide network of resellers for $2495 US MSRP each. For rack-mounting up to two units, the 1RU AJA IOX-RM rack mount shelf accessory is available for $120 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.aja.com/dante-av-ultra, or check out AJA’s What’s New Page. AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R are on display at NAB 2023 in the West Hall, booth #2600.