AJA Video Systems is now shipping Ki Pro Ultra Plus, its new multi-channel recorder with one-, two-, three- or four-channel simultaneous HD recording up to 1080 50/60p or in single-channel mode, 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD recording and playback, with full HDMI 2.0 input and output (up to 12-bit capture and output).
Originally unveiled at NAB 2017, Ki Pro Ultra Plus captures 4K/UltraHD and HD video to standard production codecs including Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD MXF. Housed in a portable 2RU half-rack, it also offers I/O connectivity options from 3G-SDI to HDMI 2.0 and fiber. Users can record four channels of HD simultaneously as ProRes files, each with different compression profiles, to AJA Pak 1000, 512 or 256 SSD media, with eSATA options also available. Additionally, the channels can be displayed on Ki Pro Ultra Plus’ LCD screen as a quad-split during capture for confidence monitoring, which can also be output over HDMI, SDI, fiber and the device’s web-based UI.
Additional Ki Pro Ultra Plus feature highlights include:
- HDMI 2.0 support for full 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 capture/output at up to 4K/UltraHD 60fps
- 12-bit support on input for Apple ProRes 4444 and ProRes 4444 XQ encoding and HDMI 2.0 input and output
- Built-in Ki Protect technology to ensure recordings are secure
- Multi-channel audio support via embedded SDI or HDMI, AES/EBU and analog
- Web-based UI for remote monitoring, control and deployment in the field or in-studio
Ki Pro Ultra Plus is available now through AJA at a list price of $3,995. AJA Pak SSD media is available: AJA Pak256 $495, AJA Pak512 $995, AJA Pak1000 $1,495. Here are all the tech specs.