AJA Video Systems v1.1 firmware for HELO – the company’s portable H.264 streaming and recording device – is now available as a free download from the AJA website. The latest update streamlines live streaming, encoding and recording content.
HELO v1.1 release highlights include:
• A recording and streaming scheduler that can be programmed locally through HELO’s web UI by importing ICS files or linking to external calendar providers such as Google Calendar
• Simultaneous redundant recording of one file to two media destinations
• Increased recording file segment duration of 360 minutes for TS (transport stream) files
• Support for up to 10 RTSP streams
• REST API documentation describing how to automate basic HELO functions
• Automatic power-on start encoding to stream and/or record
• Auto-reconnect and resume after streaming disconnect
• RTP and MPTS over UDP streaming with unicast and multicast support
• Expanded support for Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and appliances
– AWS™ Elemental Live encoder appliances and AWS Elemental Cloud
– Amino™ set-top boxes
– Wowza™ Appliance and Cloud
– Akamai™ and Akamai hosted services
HELO is an affordable, flexible H.264 streaming and recording stand-alone device. Combining SDI and HDMI I/O into a single appliance, it allows users to stream out to a CDN while simultaneously encoding and recording H.264 files to either SD cards, USB storage or network based storage. HELO is available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for a US MSRP of $1295. For more information, visit: https://www.aja.com/products/helo.