12 Days of a Digital Signage Christmas
By Tanya Williams
Business Development Manager, Prendi
As the biggest sales period of the year, every retailer needs to get smarter about how they maximize sales and about turning as many one-off Christmas customers into fans for life. The holiday period is not just about the short-term sales but also the long-term potential to turn these customers into raving fans.
Consumers have more choices than ever before and have an abundance of information at their fingertips. You as a retailer now have the resources to take advantage of this to stop delivering a fragmented “anywhere experience” and to create an “only-here experience” for your customers.
With the increase in online shopping, there is virtually unlimited scope for retailers to think outside the square by embracing digital signage to engage and give consumers a “real” in-store experience. Digital or intelligent signage uses technology to replace static posters as a means of targeting consumers in an engaging and responsive way:
- Use online sales to your advantage and create an in-store digital catalogue that takes elements of your website and makes them suitable for use in a store environment.
- Combine traditional and digital for greater results.
- Provide a personally relevant experience.
- Stand out from competitors.
- Maximize sales in-store and offer upsells.
- Attract new shoppers by having digital signage such as screens, video walls or touch projection in windows, at front of store, etc.
- Entertain your customers to extend dwell times.
- Promote new product lines.
- Know your audience and talk their language.
- Use dayparting to reflect the changing mood of the day.
- Send the love.
- Get social and interact.
This column is published with permission from the Digital Screenmedia Association and originally appeared here.