Meridian Audio has just launched the 271 Digital Theatre Controller. The 271 is designed to integrate any analog or digital AV processor on the market with Meridian’s DSP (Digital Signal Processing) loudspeakers.
- 16 channels of analog audio on any combination of single-ended or balanced input connections (RCA or 2×8 channel DB25 connectors).
- 16 + four digital audio outputs on SpeakerLink connections for use with Meridian DSP loudspeakers.
- 16 + four analog audio outputs on unbalanced RCA connectors to allow simple integration of Meridian DSP speakers with passive loudspeakers.
- Optional balanced digital input options available to support 16 channels of digital audio fed from processors including those from Trinnov, Datasat and Storm Audio (two RJ45s and one DB25).
- Multiple 271s can be used where more channels are required (32, 48, etc.)
Meridian says the key focus for the design of the 271 was the ease of installation and integration. Although it contains more than 4,000 individual components the 271 is only 2U high and is designed for easy rack mounting. Integrating the 271 into an existing AV system is simple; thanks to an intuitive IP controlled set up and configuration platform, and control modules for a number of third party systems. Meridian Audio says the 271 is cool running and requires no ventilation.
The 271 lists for $3,000 and will ship next month. Here are all the tech specs.